Special Announcement from CIF
The California Scholastic Federation-Sac Joaquin Section (CIF-SJS) will no longer honor the SCUSD Multi-Schools Athletic Participation Agreement that has been in place for the last 4 years.
According to Bylaw 303 http://www.cifsjs.org/about_cif-sjs/Article3-SchoolRegulations.pdf:
* Students attending West Campus will participate in sports at West Campus
* Students attending any of our small schools will participate in sports at their comprehensive school of residence
* For example – A student who attends “Health Professions and lives in the CK MCClatchy attendance area will play sports at CK McClatchy H.S.
* Students attending any of our small schools who live outside of SCUSD will not be allowed to participate in sports with SCUSD as we do not have a Multi-School Athletic Agreement with schools outside of SCUSD
* For example – A student who attends Health Professions and lives in EGUSD attendance area will not be allowed to participate in sports with SCUSD or EGUSD.
* CIF-SJS Commissioner Garrison will allow students attending our small schools and who played sports at West Campus last season to remain at West Campus for sports, if they choose, for the remainder of their high school eligibility. Students will also have the option of leaving West Campus sports and playing for their school of residence as described above without having to adhere to the “Sit Out” Bylaw which requires students transferring from School A to School B to Sit Out for a period of 30 days.
* Students choosing to stay at West Campus for the 2017-18 sport seasons will not have the opportunity to return to their school of residence the following year without adhering to the “Sit Out” Bylaw