The Navy’s Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC, for short) has a decades-long tradition of bringing out the best in our cadets at Luther Burbank High School. Watch this informational video for an overview of the program.
The goals of the program are to:
- Instill in students the value of citizenship, service, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment.
- Develop informed, responsible citizens.
- Develop a high degree of personal honor, self-reliance, self-discipline and leadership.
- Develop respect for and understand the need for constituted authority in a democratic society.
- Provide incentives to live healthy and drug-free lives.
- Promote high school completion and provide information on military service as a possible career, among others.